Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Joy of Being 3 (OK Almost 4)


As I just sat here and wrote my last blog post I have 1/2 my screen dedicated to Ryan's classroom at school. I watch it probably way to much but I really enjoy seeing about his day. In the morning after breakfast they do "Circle time." They talk about what the day will bring and they discuss the date, the weather, and there previous evening. Its really a nice time for them.


His current teacher "Mr. Daryl" is really one of my favorites. Ryan really loves him and enjoys his class but Ryan is also at a great stage. This morning as I watch I see him holding hands with Sean and Temi (2 of his favorite people) and doing what looks like Ring-around-the Rosy. I can see that he is laughing and having a great time. When he lets go of his friends hands he continues to spin around and sing and dance. I feel myself smiling ear to ear. In the next few minutes Mr Daryl gets up and has the whole classroom join hands and spin around again and again.


Oh to be 3......


There lives are so wonderful, they are learning new things daily, some bad, like when mom said "Damn" last night after I dropped and broke a whole bottle of hot sauce and so did Ryan 5-6 times at least and some good like the "Pledge of Allegiance"


In the afternoon when I pick him up he is always so excited to show me what he did all day including running around the room showing me his projects. The funny part is that every other child in the room is yelling "Ryan's mom! look what I did" too. They are all so proud of themselves and really just want to show anyone and everyone what they did that day.


I hope Ryan stays like this, he is such a learner and so expressive. He really loves school and his friends and has a genuinely full and fun life. He is thrilled that Christmas is coming and tells me everyday what a good boy he is. He loves our Christmas Elf and has been super excited to find him daily. He even said to me the other day when I explained that I was going to the hospital and would not be home for a few days that he "was fine and not scared at all"


Ah my big boy, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you more than I could ever write down!! Now stop growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment