Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Living Through The Eyes Of My Child

Today we purchased Ryan tickets to see the Imagination Movers (a Disney kids band for all you without 3 year olds) in May in NYC. They offered the regular old tickets or special VIP tickets which included a meet and greet with the Movers and a party with the Movers among other things. The price for the VIP tickets was a staggering $129 each. Peter and I debated back and forth about these tickets and thought of spending $380+ for a then 4 year old to see a band. You know what we bought the [damn] tickets.

For all of you who do not really know my child there is nothing more in the world that he loves more than music and instruments and bands. He literally plays with nothing else but his instruments and sings and dances constantly, it is really is what Ryan is all about. Actually not that long ago while passing by Princeton University he told me "Mommy I am going to go to that school" I said "Great! Ryan what are you going to be? A doctor? A lawyer?" He said "Mommy I am going to be a rock star"

Anyway, that is the point of why we spent $380+ today for Ryan to see the Movers. Because it is his greatest love and just to sit there with him, watching his most beloved band through his eyes is worth every cent to me.

Living through his eyes gives me the greatest pleasure in life. I love how he is so passionate about some things and hates other things so much. I love his excitement about events like Halloween or Christmas or that we will do something as simple as visit Grandma and Grandpa.

Living through the eyes of my son is one of the great things you get with having a child that no one told you about

No comments:

Post a Comment